Monday, January 10, 2011

1/3 OF THE WAY THERE!

Well, it's been just another fun-filled day for the Dolsons, ha!  Arrived at airport this a.m. and one can certainly understand why they want you there three hours ahead of time.  With three different lineups to get through, we had about five minutes before the plane started boarding.  Line up to check in (this is with your boarding pass already run off at home), line up to go through Customs and line up again for the security check.  Of course, Ron set the alarm off as he always does.  Watched two movies onboard so those five hours went relatively quickly.

Now going through security at LAX, that's a whole different story.  Not friendly!!!  I made the mistake of leaving my Netbook in my bag (no problem with that in T.O.) and security didn't like that.  The inspector asked if she could disconnect my cords (the mouse and other wire).  Sure, no problem.  But as I reached for the cords myself to remove them, she's barking at me "don't touch."  Yikes, I got told off twice.  And of course Ron sets off the alarms again.  But here they're a little more serious about it.  Full body frisking is in order. 

So here we sit now killing time before the flight out of here to Sydney in about another 2-1/2 hours.  Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment